Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Upgraded

Well that was quite a pleasant surprise.  I had boarded my flight from Hong Kong to Singapore and had settled in for the 3.5 ride, quite content with my seat since this flight must have been empty because at booking time there was ample selection at the front of the cabin.  Then a flight attendant approached me, and in a tone of voice that indicated "problem" asked to see my boarding pass.  As I was mentally running through possible things that could be wrong, she instead explained that I was being upgraded.

I guess because this is not a long-haul flight, it qualifies for complimentary regional upgrades?  But the thing is, it's not a regional aircraft.  It's a brand-new 777 configured for long-haul flight (this plane had just come to HK from Chicago) so my upgrade included a full lie-flat seat and a full dinner and wine service.  Not bad United, you might be starting to grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment